Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Before and After

I mentioned last week that I got an itch to decorate the final remaining undecorated room in my house, my craft room. Sad how many hours are spent here and how pitiful it looked.

See? Ick.





Ahhh, much better. I wanted to find something that could "allow" me to not paint the builders white cream walls. I don't have time to pull things away, paint and wait for it to dry. (I need instant gratification like that, evidently). Full room shot:



Sewing machine, serger, cutting space:




Where the bulk of my time is spent, computer and embroidery machine:



Close up of some knick-knacks. I'm not a "knick-knacky" kinda girl normally, but I just couldn't resist this dress for my sewing room, the clearanced picture frame with crazily similar matting to my fabric (that I made a french board, covered the chair and mod-podged the "SEW" letters with) and the soft pink trim I added to the black lampshades. The black frames/shadow boxes were also on clearance due to a dinged up corner. Fixed that, and added leftover pink fabric from the cornice board. So sweet.



So you can see how beautiful the fabric on my cornice board is. Don't you love it?? That was the original "inspiration" for the room (I talk like I have a show on HGTV. Whatever, I loved the fabric and black and cream is as timeless as it gets. Love it.).

2 comments:

Dance411 said...

nice girl!

Katie said...

Awesome room Janelle! You are so crafty and I am so jealous! I would have left those dinged frames on the shelf b/c I wouldn't have a clue on how to fix them!

P.S. on the peppers, if we have any left I will gladly bring them to you but they may not last long here b/c 1) we probably won't produce many and 2) all 4 of us love them! I'll try to spare one, though! :)