Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fair, take two

We went to visit my parents and see my grandparents last weekend. My grandpa is in an inpatient rehab facility, so we wanted to visit and encourage him, and I was dying to see Mana and their new home!

My dad, Mana and the kids:



Papa, with his namesake:



While we were there, we went to the national fair happening near their home. My kids talked about it incessantly. :)

We scored an a-maz-ing parking spot (closer than handicap, under a tree!). The weather started nice, but rose to a toasty 91 that afternoon-blech. We saw a miniature horse show, cows, (and were given free chocolate milk!) Anna-Kate rode a pony, we saw a 1 week old miniature donkey, visited the "exotic" pets, bounced like kangaroos, and Jack and I visited the nursing station they had set up (with piped in AC!!) while my parents took the kids to ride a couple of rides. SUCH a fun time! :)

Nana, Poppy and the grandbabies:



Ryan really was happy. Sadly, this is the best I can do for pictures with him lately.



We spent a loooong time trying out every.single.tractor.



Anna-Kate's first pony ride (well, technically, I put her on a pony last year, but her hysteric tears and death grip persuaded me to take her off after about 3.1 seconds.). So, her first successful pony ride--she loved it, and asked when she could ride another one! Yay!!





Checking out the "exotic" animals--giraffe, (named Jack) toucans, camels, zebras, baboons, various sheep from around the world, goats, (not so exotic, but whatever) some longhorn looking animal (seriously, its horns were wider than my kids are tall!).



I was SO mad. I tried (and clearly failed) to get a good picture of the giraffe and Ryan. He was crazy about it, and he was so close! I had one great shot where Ryan, Dad and the giraffe were looking and smiling, pushed click, and realized my photo card was full. Of course it was. Sigh.



Jack and the llama



Ryan and the goat (not a fan of petting the animals, surprisingly)



Love how prissy she looks in this picture--ha.



She loved petting all of the different animals, but, in typical first-born fashion, asked permission before touching each of them (every single time).



Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a fun day! My kids loved it, and I so appreciate the sweet memories. :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

We loved it, too! Let's start a tradition.
Mom