Thursday, October 21, 2010

From one end to the other...

Geesh.

Went to the pediatrician today. (ugh.) Jack is 26 1/2" tall (45%) and 16.8 lbs (17%). Thankfully, his head is still truckin' along in the 87%. LOL. Evidently, we have some smart kids on our hands. :) I'm amused that his stats dropped so much, (He's technically underweight now. Please recall, he was "husky" at his 4 month appointment) especially considering he's days away from 7 months, not 6 like he was being averaged against.

Other than that, however, all was good and he was proclaimed to be healthy (and, was the hit of the office). The nurses were all cooing and making a fuss over him. Amazing what a dimple can do (I'm smiling right now, showing you my dimple...). The only unfortunate thing was that he's officially been put on Miralex for his constipation. Such a bummer, but am hoping this will help his little belly (and yes, he eats prunes every single day).

He got his shots and we were off for a morning of errands. He is such a good baby! I think it's a 3rd kid thing, Anna-Kate would have cried the whole time.

***

While we were there I took the opportunity to discuss options about Ryan's health with the pediatrician. It occurred to me that instead of doing the exploratory surgery (for seemingly no reason/no result) it might be a better option to get an epi pen (a huge shot of epinephrine that gets jammed in the thigh for kids with anaphylactic allergies--it opens their airways). Seems like it could work for us. My pediatrician was reluctant at best at my idea. He said he'd ask his pediatric ENT friend and get back to me. For some reason, I'm not holding my breath waiting on his phone call...

2 comments:

Chris said...

we can get a 2nd or 3rd opinion soon :)

Holbie said...

Janelle - I think you are right on track. I agree with you. Why do an explotory surgery/procedure if you aren't going to gain anything from it? Every thing has its risks. Seems to me that the epi pen sounds like a great idea.