Friday, October 8, 2010

"Mommy"

The word mommy brings to mind many things.

The sweet: comfort, hugs and kisses, cuddles, love, encourager, cheerleader, smiles, warmth, story teller, nurturer,

The way it is: taxi driver, (in a boat, otherwise known as a van) cook, snack maker, (this would be different from cook as "snack" often requires creativity--make cookies and pipe "H" and "h" on them for school...like this morning at 7 am) cleaner of spills and accidents, disciplinarian, organizer, planner, social directer, wiper of bottoms, tired (as newborns with feedings, and when they are older worrying about them when sick, praying for their futures etc).

The "how did this find it's way in to my job description": carry-all, (or at least asked to carry everything) receiver of boogers, (just this morning Ryan handed me a booger and said, "see Mama, it's yuck". Ya, I know.) receiver of various bodily fluids (I dare you to find a mom out there that hasn't been thrown up on at least once).

At the end of the day, the good far outweighs the bad and I certainly wouldn't have my life any other way. I am so extremely thankful for the 3 littles that call me Mommy.

Clearly, this list isn't comprehensive, what would you add?

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thrown up on straight down my shelf bra tank at 5am while months preg with #2! But you're right - it is worth it!

Sara said...

Yes, thrown up on (chunks and all) by a toddler... disgusting. Pooped on numerous times. As well as peed. Gross.