Monday, November 22, 2010

My Saturday (as told on Monday)

Well hello.

We had a fabulous Saturday and it made me really happy. I could end there, but I'll continue. :)

Chris got up with the kids so I could sleep in until 8:30. Oo-la-la.

Chris took the big kids running errands so I actually got work done while the baby napped.

We had a lovely family lunch.

Anna-Kate had a fun playdate with her friend while the boys napped and I ran errands alone (and picked up Starbucks).

{The starbucks was bogo--so I was a total cheapie and brought one home and put it in the refrigerator for Sunday morning}

We went out to dinner at Maggiano's. It was actually really good. I had been kinda unimpressed the last time we went, but really enjoyed it this time. We got a coupon in the mail advertising their buy a dish for $12.95 and get a second (doesn't have to be the same thing) packaged to take home and any dessert for $2 more. The portions are so huge that the kids ate off of our plates and we got 2 dinner out of it! I love a deal.

As we walked around the mall after we found Santa. I need dig up pictures from Santa visits in prior years. They are hysterical. We talked about just looking and we'll go back another day. Anna-Kate has been trying to gear herself up for it. Ryan looked pretty excited. We rode the escalator (a huge thrill for the kids as we usually take the elevator because of the stroller. Sidenote, I remember as a kid thinking I would never be able to remember which was which: elevator and escalator. Good thing I'm older and wiser now.) and stood at the top looking down on Santa. Ryan plopped down on the floor with his little face stuck on the glass staring. Santa looked up and waved at him and Ryan started waving and said, "mama, he's looking at me!". So cute.



As we went outside to go we saw the huge Christmas tree lit up (and bonus, there were a few hot pink ornaments for my girl to be excited about). I asked Anna-Kate how big she thought it was and she said with extreme certainty, "40 pounds tall, mama." Alright. "How many ornaments are on there--like 5" I said. "No, no, there are tons of them mama--like twenty-five! That's a big number" (never mind that number has come and gone in my life...).



We came home and put the kids to bed then I headed out to a little neighborhood gathering. Lovely way to end the day!

No comments: