Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ode to Copper

Copper, the dog.



Copper took up a new residence. He moved in with Chris' parents. I'm sure he'll love the new arrangement, what with actually getting attention now.

If you know me in real life you know that I'm not really an animal person. It isn't that I hate them or that I like to see them unhappy or anything, I just don't love them. I liked Copper more than any other dog, for what it's worth. It ultimately came down to the fact that with 3 kids age 4 and under, I'm busy enough. I have enough people to feed, clean up after, swiffer after and clean up poop for. On top of that, we knew we weren't walking him like he needed to be (or, well, at all) or just generally playing with him enough (especially now that it's winter. I don't do cold.). So, bon voyage, Copper. We'll miss you (especially after meal time when I now have to pick up minuscule pieces of food).

Here is Copper through the years. Before kids. He had privileges he didn't have in more recent years. Like, going camping with us (though it's not like that's something he has missed out on...that was the last time I have been camping.).



We even bought him shoes for when it snowed on the mountain.



Guard dog, extraordinaire:



Anna-Kate has always loved Copper:



Jack with Copper:



Ryan kissing Copper goodbye.

1 comment:

Dance411 said...

Janelle!!! This is so my story!! Romeo had dog boots when we were living in SF, CA because I didn't want him tracking germs in our apt! HA!! Cornel wants to get rid of him so bad, but I think the girls would miss him! But he gets no love, well a little from me and the girls! I know you are free now and maybe I should let Romeo free too!