Friday, March 13, 2009

Consignment sale goodies.

I did great at the consignment sale. All I'm missing for the kids is a pair of white sandals for Anna-Kate and some pj's for Ryan. Super! I love to come home and show Chris (who dutifully nods and tries to feign interest) all of my finds.

So the following morning, (hoping to get a little more excitement out of my finds than Chris gave me) I was showing Anna-Kate all of the clothes I bought for her at the consignment sale. Her favorite, hands down, is a pink swimsuit with a skirt that looks kinda like a fairy (costume) skirt. Her response, "OHHHH! I will look so beautiful in this!".

Modesty, it's a good quality, ya know?

As we continued looking through she would make little comments, "that's so pretty too Mommy" or "that be beautiful on me, I try it on now?". (Not quite understanding that summer clothes won't work in 50 degree weather. Soon though...)

All girl she is.

3 comments:

Tate Family said...

YAY! That's awesome!!

Gil House said...

i could just eat that kiddo up!!!

Jana said...

that is so fun! I did my bi-annual consignment shopping this morning and made Kane sit and look at each item with me. It's the least he can do after I work hard to save so much money on MK's wardrobe! Anyway, he nodded and smiled like your hubby dis. MK wasn't as interested in my finds as AK was, but it might be the fact that she was looking at some of the books I bought her at the sale too. :) Glad you found some good things---I never have good success on finding SHOES though.