Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm DONE and thoughts........

I am so over winter. I am over the rain too. What I am really over, though, is the constant change in temperature. Don't tease me with spring. Don't let me plant my poor tomatoes. Don't make my kids get their 28 millionth cold of the season because it was 70 degrees over the weekend and 38 degrees yesterday.

OK. Done complaining.

***

Now for my random thoughts on the week thus far.

As mentioned above, the kids have the cough again. Anna-Kate's is dry but pretty constant. Ryan's isn't too bad I guess. I just hate seeing them sick. Again. (I"ll just add here, Ryan didn't throw up today, but he did yesterday...)

We are supposed to have an Easter party tomorrow if the rain will hold off. I'm really hoping for it. I can't wait to see what Ryan will do at an egg hunt. :) ha! I'll be sure to get pictures. :) I cannot believe tomorrow is April! This year is absolutely flying by!

This weekend my in-laws are coming to town for my niece's baptism. My brother and sister in law and their kids are moving to Dallas Ft. Worth next week, so this is the last family weekend in Atlanta for a while. Should be a busy weekend with family!

Next week is spring break from Anna-Kate's (moms morning out) school and my parents are generously going to keep the kids from Tuesday to Saturday so we can get some projects done around the house. I cannot begin to tell you how long my 'to do' list is and how excited I am at the prospect of working for more than 2 hours in a row on something. Uninterupted!! Wow. :) Can you tell I'm near giddy? I am definately praying that Ryan will do well with the change of scenery (and, minus me). This is his first trip away from home. Anna-Kate and I have been talking about this for weeks and she wakes up most mornings asking if today is the day she is going to stay at Nana and Poppy's like a big girl (aka, all by herself). Sweet. She told me she was going to be brave and help Ryan be brave if he starts to miss Mommy. I have no doubt she will help him too--she is so sweet with him. She always wants to "hold" him and his hand, she earlier tried to dance with him (to U2--"daddy music" that she requested by saying, "umm Bono please")and just generally loves on him.

That's all I've got. Hopefully party pics tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Jana said...

I am totally with you on the weather and the teases of Spring. I am home from Bible study this morning because of Mara Kate's current cold, which is also paired with a fever...ugh. At least we have a good reason to just stay home and out of the rain, but it is getting annoying!

I can't wait for Easter, Spring and all the goes with it. Hope you are able to have the Easter party. Are you guys going to the one at the Holby's on Saturday?