Friday, March 6, 2009

He walks!

So, Ryan has been pulling up and cruising since October. Surely, I thought, he would be walking by Thanksgiving. Nope. Certainly Christmas. Nope. My goodness, his birthday? Nope. (granted, poor guy is at a disadvantage as his sister walked 4 days before her 7 month birthday...so I've been waiting for this for forever). I should also add that since January he's been able to take about 4 steps in between me and Chris and walk while holding only one hand. But, on Tuesday, March 3 he took 12 steps in a row. He's now crawling to things, pulling up then pivoting around (no hands! my little basketball player) then walking back to me.

YAY Ryan!! I'm so proud (and glad to get you off the dirty floor!)

Anna-Kate now has her babies "walking" to her, and when she pretends to be a baby she takes a few steps and collapses in my lap. Always needing that attention. It's precious to hear her say, "Ryan come see me, come walk to me, he wants to walk to me Mama". Today I swear Ryan said, "Ana" while he walked to her!

While I'm bragging on my boys achievements, I'll also say that he's signing "please" (to add to "more", "all done", and "up") as well as speaking "mama", "dada", "ba" (ball), and "daw" (you know, dog. :)).

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

YAY! Milestones are so fun!!

So, about that OCD stuff...deep breath, deep breath!

Anonymous said...

Love the baby signs! And woah!! I do NOT remember that AK walked that early. Amazing! I think Maddie Grace is headed in that direction. She's cruising all over the place now. Yikes. I'm not ready!

Jenny