Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I have no title

The Easter party was cancelled this morning, bummer, especially considering the sun came out this afternoon. O well, we'll do it in a couple of weeks.

I ended up taking both kids to the pediatrician this afternoon. Ryan has developed a nasty sounding cough and with family in town this weekend and the kids going to my parents next week, I just wanted to make sure all were healthy and well--and try to get an answer about Ryan's throw up thing! Bottom line, it might be allergies, she said to give Benadryl if that helps, but that it wasn't bad enough to put either of them on a Zyrtec type medicine. Ryan's throat was inflamed, and since she had it prior, to make sure all was knocked out, they are both on an RX--hopefully all will be good tomorrow. As far as the throw up thing goes...she said that sometimes they will notice a trend of throwing up in kids who did not throw up as infants (as is the case with Ryan). She said that as they get really active and mobile a weak stomach makes itself seen more than when they were sitting around. She said obviously we don't know that for sure, but it's another theory. She also said that if he's had a runny nose (which he has on and off all winter...) that extra mucous can make some kids throw up more easily since they can't blow it out and it just kinda pools in their tummy's (YUCK!). So, we still know nothing, but we'll keep praying. On a sweet note...we've been playing doctor at home and she loves it. So today she was so brave and even lifted her shirt for the dr to hear her heart beat and turned her head so she could see in her ears. She hates having her nose looked at (I chalk that up to the shock of her life when she got the flu-mist in her nose last fall). She started to waver and the dr asked her if she wanted to hold the light to her nose--that worked out well! Then it was Ryan's turn. She said, "it's OK Ryan, it not scary. Be brave like me!"

***

Spent the day cooking lasagna sauce and making a big pan of it for dinner for us and to take to a friend who just had a baby. My house smells like a garlic/Italian oasis. Yum.

***

Only other highlight of the day is that I have my packing list and to do list completed for next week. It's the little things people.

***

This is for you Emily, today, Anna-Kate had her first gum. She was in heaven. I was doing my weekly Walgreens run (3 mentos gums, 2 bags of Halls cough drops and 4 huge bottles of body wash for $8.59) and she noticed the gum in the buggy. She asked for some candy and I explained that it was gum but she could try some. We split a piece and the first 30 seconds she spent fanning her mouth saying, "it so spicey mama, it so spicey!". She did a great job with it and I so enjoyed our little girl time out together ("we go, just us girls mama, right?" she said.) She is such a sweet girl and I try to cherish each moment.

***

And finally, a funny moment from today. The kids and I were playing in the playroom and I said for them to keep playing that mommy had to go potty (I've learned if I just leave without narrating my every move they freak out...). Well, they both followed me to my room. Of course, there is no such thing as privacy. Well, Anna-Kate went so far as to follow me into the toilet part of the bathroom. She said, "Mommy, you need pri-cey (privacy)?" I answered that I did indeed. She then closed the door behind her. Not 2 seconds later the door reopened and she pokes her head in, "still need pri-cey Mom?". "Yes Anna-Kate, still need privacy, why don't you play with Ryan for a minute." She then fully opened the door and walked in and reached to pull down my jeans. (what a helper...). I told her I got it. She said, "Oh. Ok, I just helping you Mama" and looked up with the sweetest smile and gave my legs a hug.

No comments: