Thursday, April 30, 2009

Motherhood is humbling

Last night, after her bath, Anna-Kate found a pair of my panties in the laundry basket and tried them on. Of course they were too big. Anyway, she informed me that she intended to wear them to bed. I told her that, no, in fact, they were too big and she had to wear her own panties. Her response?

"Mommy, when my bottom gets big like yours, then will you share with me?" Not only did she tell me my bum was too big, she said I wasn't sharing. Rough night. :)

***

Chris was reading to Anna-Kate about the birth of Jesus ("baby Jesus story", her favorite). The book said something about Jesus being our Saviour.

Chris: "Anna-Kate, do you know what 'Saviour' means?"
AK: "No sir"
CH: "what did Jesus come to save us from?" (hoping for the answer sin, since we've been talking about sin).
AK: "umm, dinosaurs?"

5 comments:

Katie said...

So funny Janelle!

Tate Family said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

jillian said...

this is hilarious- i just love hearing these conversations and i cant wait to hear some from my own:)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! Dinosaurs?! That is too funny!!!


Jenny

Chris said...

She also said, Giants and Scary Cats.