Thursday, April 23, 2009

A day at the park.

Or, every day at the park. :)

The weather is finally nice and we've been making the most of it. We've either been to a park around the city or played on "our park" as Anna-Kate calls it, every day this week and it's been fantastic! The kids sleep so well on days they get to run and play outside, and the sun has been doing wonders for everyone's mood.

In other news, after spending most of Sunday crying (Ryan that is, not me), I finally checked in Ryan's mouth to discover his molar breaking through...so I guess we're going through that now. Poor guy.

Anna-Kate is really enjoying "mommy school" as she calls it. I bought her a preschool workbook a while back and we've been doing a few pages in the afternoon, after Ryan goes down, before she takes a nap. It's our special girl time and she loves it. In fact she begs for mommy school frequently. This bodes well for me. :)

Not much else new. I've been doing really well with couponing and saving. It took a few months to really get the hang of it and to acquire a good stockpile of coupons and groceries at home, but I'm now regularly saving as much as I spend, as well as cutting our weekly budget by about 30%-50% depending on the week. God has certainly taught me a lot about being a good steward. I think back to this time last year and how much I used to spend on various items and I'm shocked and amazed at all of the tricks I've learned, the ways God has provided and the ways I've been able to cut costs.

Wow...that was kinda boring. Sorry, no new pictures or quotables...maybe next time. :)

1 comment:

The Bartons said...

tell me your saving secrets! we're about to have to be REALLY thrifty as we move to Baltimore b/c the housing is SOOO flippin expensive!!! any suggestions are welcomed!!!