Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Home alone

It's weird. My house is so quiet. My kids are at my parent's house in Macon for spring break. It's such a good thing--I have a to do list that is a mile long and the quality time with my parents is great for them! (it's also helping Ryan realize there are other people in the world besides me). However, I boo-hoo'd as I drove home yesterday, leaving my babies behind. You'd think I was leaving for weeks on end. I've called 3 times today and teared up each time. They are both doing great with Anna-Kate telling me that Ryan cried but she's helping him be brave (a record phone conversation with me, and, no tears at the end! Well, for her anyway).

Despite all of this, I've had a most productive day. I made Ryan's Easter outfit (to match Anna-Kate's which I made a few weeks ago), shopped for fabric and decor for the downstairs bathroom and made the shower curtain, monogrammed a dress for a friend, monogrammed the towels for my bathroom, went to Home Depot and got paint for the projects--Whew! Big day!

Sweet Chris took me to dinner at Figo tonight. Yummy pasta and just nice to not cook!

On the docket for tomorrow is some painting and to get caught up on my scrapbook! I'll see how that goes. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janelle,
It sounds like you're having a wonderfully productive time, and I hope you enjoy some extra rest as well. :) What a nice break for you, and I KNOW your parents LOVE having the kids!!!!! How sweet of AK to be showing her brother how to be brave. I love it. You're right though, the visit will be great for them. Enjoy your time w/ hubby and housework! Can't wait to see your Easter pictures. :)

Jenny

Leslie said...

So fun to have the house to yourself! I'm sure you miss the kids, but it's great you were able to make that work out (for them and you)! Enjoy your free time without working around naps!!

Sara said...

I completely know how you feel!! Yesterday I was thinking... I don't think I will ever FULLY enjoy being on vacation without Reid. Even if Brian and I do go away, we find ourselves talking about Reid and wonder what he's doing. We went away for three days and I think I called at least 6 times! I'm hopeless! I guess getting away will always be bittersweet from now on! That's okay with me though - I enjoy alone time every now and then:) Can't wait to see pics of the outfits! Cute!

Tate Family said...

Awesome that you get time alone to get things done...but I know how it goes when you start to miss 'em.