Saturday, April 25, 2009

Funny girl

Chris had the kids in a stroller on a walk.

AK: "daddy, can we go home and watch a show please?"
CH: "uh, maybe."
AK: "no daddy. I need yes or no, no maybe."

***

We were going to eat dinner at our friends' house last night and Anna-Kate asked where we were going.

Me: "to Miss Heather's house" (who lives down the street)
AK: "Oh, down the street and across the river."
Me: "Across the river? No, just down the street."
AK: "well, sometimes across the river. Right Mommy, sometimes?"

***

AK: "I love you so much Mommy"
Me: "Oh, I love you too Anna-Kate."
AK: "you my honey. It's ok honey."

***

We are putting a huge emphasis on manners, specifically saying "yes ma'am", "no ma'am" (etc) without having to be reminded. We have come up with a system of her putting stickers on a chart and when all the spots are filled with stickers she gets a toy. We went to Target and let her pick a toy (an Ariel doll) that she wants for her reward (we'll go back and get it after she fills up the spots). This morning I reminded her about what we were learning and asked if she was going to remember her manners first time without me reminding her so she could get her mermaid doll.

AK: "Oh yes ma'am Mommy. I get a sticker now. Yes ma'am. That two."

3 comments:

Tate Family said...

Think I will start calling her Miss Personality!!

The Levy's said...

Ya gotta love it when they can turn the rules so they can win!

Leigh-Ann Crabb said...

well looks like you did end up finding friends for the kids to play with friday night after all...