Sunday, April 5, 2009

Turning a new leaf

Ryan DID NOT throw up yesterday. I repeat, for the first time in 6 weeks, he did not throw up on Saturday. Let's all take a moment and let that sink in.

Ahhhh. Sweet relief. His 6th tooth also popped through this weekend. All in all, I'd say it's a big weekend for him. :)

***

We've had a wonderful weekend! Saturday was gorgeous and Chris worked in the yard (and it looks awesome!) while Anna-Kate and I went out to do some shopping, "just the girls" (picking up some new thread colors etc for all of the monogramming business I've had this past week!). That afternoon Chris' parents arrived and we hung out with them until time for us to go out on a SUPER FUN DATE!! We went out to dinner and had amazing steaks and garlic mashed potatoes and wonderful salads and bread (seriously, might be the best steak I've ever had...) followed up by some chocolate cake. When I say a piece of chocolate cake, I'm not just 'whistling Dixie', This thing was about 8 inches tall and about 5 inches wide. (We brought home about half of it and finished that off this afternoon. Ahh, Sunday afternoon! :))Anyway, after dinner we went to see Brian Regan in concert? He's a comedian...don't know what you call seeing that?? He was absolutely hysterical. I added one link to a 1 minute bit of his, but Youtube him if you are unfamiliar or just want more! He is pretty clean, with most of his humor revolving around kids, family, everyday stuff--my throat and sides killed from laughing so hard. It was SUCH a fun night! (Chris gave me tickets for my birthday, so we've been looking forward to this for a while!).
Today my niece, Isabel (Chris' brother Pete's daughter) was baptized (thus, the real reason for my in-laws visit..not just to babysit for us!). It was a sweet service, and she did awesome, followed by a great time at Pete and Joy's for lunch and hanging out. We didn't get home until 5 this afternoon and just had a relaxing evening at home. We're about to partake in some pizza...all in all, a great weekend!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Awesome! Fun times. Hooray for no hurling!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this update. Great news about Ryan!!! And it sounds like you had an amazing weekend. (:

Jenny