Monday, April 20, 2009

A week in pictures

So I'm just now getting around to posting pictures of all of the project we got done while the kids were gone. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of my scrapbooking. It was my kitchen table with a card table pushed up to it and a huge circle of paper, photo corners, stickers etc circling that (creative memories type stuff EVERYWHERE--it was enough to make me get the shakes just looking at the mess...)

Here is my downstairs bathroom. We painted a base coat, plus five (yes, I said 5) coats of top coat. We pulled down the mirror stuck on the wall and I found the one framed in black for a total steal, ($27!) I made the shower curtain (from a table cloth I found at Marshalls for $11) and monogrammed the towels (towels on sale for $3 each!!). I am really happy with the way it turned out. We were going for "grown up" and "dramatic". :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is Anna-Kate's room. Since she saw it (literally, every day!) she runs in and starts jumping up and down squealing "pink, pink, pink!" (for as long as you will watch and listen.) Understatement of the year, she loves it. The curtains and french board I made way back to match her nursery bedding, but I have since made the bed skirt, pillows and duvet cover for her bed. I also made the lampshade and painted a picture frame to match (though, not sure if you can see?).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, the kids bathroom. It is really green. It's finally grown on me. I mean, it's a kids bathroom and they love it. Having the towels monogrammed and up now really helps take away from the "catepillar green" that it is. :) Made the shower curtain, sewed rickrack on towels and monogrammed them etc. Chris put up the bead board/wainscoating (evidently the name is different depending on where you are from??) and I am so impressed with what an awesome job he did, and replaced the "hollywood lights" that came with the house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, Janelle. So...when are you going to come & work at my house?! ;) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Master Bath colors, esp the shower curtain. You're so talented! Bet it feels great to get all that work done and to see the finished products. :)

Jenny

Tate Family said...

I mean seriously...your talent just absolutely sickens me! ;) You ooze of it.

The Levy's said...

Ok - Martha now needs to tend to my downstairs bathroom! Although which should I request first, the lamp or bathroom - definitely the lamp! Looks awesome Janelle!

Beth LoSurdo said...

How cute!! You are an amazing decorator :) I love the girly pink bedroom!