Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hodgepodge

I have a myriad of pictures to post, but I'm too tired to do it now. Ugh.

I am SO PROUD of Anna-Kate!! Today we were in the car and she said, "mommy, what does 'L' start with?" (ie, what starts with L). I said, "things like lion, lamb..." she interupts with, "and lollipop right mommy, l-l-lollipop says 'L' (making the sound) right?". YAY!!

The reason we were in the car is because we were driving home from the free regal summer movies. Today was Charlotte's Web. I figured we were good whether the cartoon (because all kids like cartoons) or the newer "live action", as Chris calls it, was playing (because my kids like real animals). It was the newer one, with Julia Roberts and Dakota Fanning. Super cute, a bit long. My kids were angels. The previews started at 10 and Anna-Kate sat next to me in the little kid booster thing they have (to keep the seat from flipping back) and Ryan sat in my lap. About halfway through I brought out Pirates Booty (Anna-Kate's new favorite thing to say, "booooty hahaha. It pirate booooty!"). Ryan didn't move until 11:15/20 when he got really antsy so I moved out to the aisle with him. I think that's pretty impressive for his age. :) Anna-Kate loved it! We met some friends, and after arriving found even more friends to sit with. A great morning. And, did I mention, it was free (and air-conditioned!)?

Tonight was the handover meeting of last years Moms Club board to the new board. I'm not gonna lie, I am glad to be handing over the (co) President position and am looking forward to less drama and less responsibility. :) It has been a lot of fun and I've really enjoyed the women I've worked with and all of the friendships I've made...the problem is, when you are the president you hear about every.little.problem. (Did I mention it was a group of over 80 women?) All in all, a wonderful experience, I'm so glad I joined (and, if you are a stay-at-home mom looking for a way to connect with other SAHM's near you and get your kids in a playgroup, I highly recommend it. It has been a great thing for us).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that movie! :) Sounds like the kids did awesome. And Pirate's Booty is a favorite in our house...they go through it pretty fast. ;)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Insiders tip - Pirate Booty 2 bags for $4 at Costco

kelly said...

man, i wish my "free movie" experience had gone so well....i didn't see anyone else i knew, i spent $13 on ONE drink and ONE popcorn, and we left after ten minutes due to extreme volume and insufficient lap.

in re the moms handoff....sorry i missed it, i bet it was fun. it was fun serving with you, but like you, i'm glad to pass the torch. duh RAHM uh! you can only take so much, which is why it's good that leadership rotates.