Sunday, June 28, 2009

Vbs and the weekend

I asked Anna-Kate a question and she responded "yes ma'am. Oh, and my pinkie (the pig) says yes ma'am too. So, I get a sticker and Pinkie gets a sticker, but pinkie give me her sticker for my manner chart."

Got it all figured out.

VBS (finally!) came to a close this week. We had a wonderful week but are all SO very tired. In case I had forgotten, we do not live close to our Buckhead church. Leaving my house at 8:15 is a killer for sure. I got a couple of sweet pictures I'll share.

I went out to watch her at recreation on Friday and got this picture. She was sad because I said I had to go back inside afterwards. She had such a good time though! I look at this picture and cannot believe how big she is. I was looking through some old video of the kids today and found one of Anna-Kate when she was Ryan's age and it was all I could do not to blubber...

Photobucket

Dancing in the closing assembly. Ryan was so cute. He was watching the big kids and trying to do all the hand motions like they were.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anna-Kate was totally in to it, watching the choir director, then she noticed me and became a total ham!

Photobucket

Poor Ryan, every day on the way home from VBS he ate lunch in the car and fell asleep. (He usually naps at 1, we weren't getting home until 1:30ish).

Photobucket

***

Saturday night we took the kids to a cute little market area to eat at Moe's (Anna-Kate's favorite place to eat). Hey, kids eat free on the weekends, what more reason do I need? There was a fountain area they loved running around playing in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I promise, this happened all on it's own. I had my camera out and was just waiting to snap pics as they happened. Anna-Kate walked over to Ryan, put her arms around them and they both just looked at me and smiled. This was cuter about 3.5 seconds before I snapped the picture, but still sweet. I love how much they love each other!

Photobucket

***

Today the kids led worship at church. Mom and Dad came up to see Anna-Kate sing and to celebrate my Papa's (Mom's dad) 84th birthday. A delicious spread for lunch followed by chocolate cake. Weekends like this, full of sweet family time, make me so thankful for the family God has blessed me with.

Wonderful and relaxing day...now, for Monday.

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

Great, great pictures of those precious kiddos!

What church do you attend in Buckhead? Just curious.