Tuesday, June 23, 2009

VBS

Vacation Bible School is a fond memory for me. I used to love to go as a child, help as a teen and now I get to enjoy it as a mom watching my children enjoy it. Well, kinda. Anna-Kate talks about it at home, says she had so much fun, can't wait to go back. Etc. Etc. Go to drop her off--crying for me to stay, for Ryan to stay with her, or for her to come with me. Why oh why?

At our church they have a preschool program for 2 and 3 year olds, but it's only available to those who volunteer to work. So, I work. :) For the past 2 years I've been in snacks, this year kinda heading that up (as in, doing the shopping and prep work for it each day). Not a bad job at all, I'm inside the whole time and surrounded by food (and diet coke!). Who can complain?

I'm trying to capture a good picture of all of us in our matching shirts. Bless her heart, that shirt is SO big on her, but she loves it anyway.

Photobucket

Ryan and me waiting for closing assembly to end.

Photobucket

He's had a bit of a rough week. I think he's going through a growth spurt as he's been sleeping about 8-8:15/30 in the morning and 1-4:15/30 in the afternoon. I've had to wake him up to leave for VBS the last 2 days, feed him in the car, drop him off, feed him lunch in the car, where he falls asleep, then transfer him to his bed. He and I aren't getting much time together, so I picked him up a bit early and ran around with him. He also got a goose egg on his head yesterday and then fell and got another 1/2" away last night. Hrm. I'm calling this "boot camp" for him. He's reached that stage where he cries, well, falls apart when I drop him at the nursery for church on Sundays. So, I figure going every day should help him get used to it. Right? :)

4 comments:

The Bartons said...

too cute pics!! you loosing weight? you look great! and are you growing your hair out? something looks different- maybe blonder?? pretty sad that i have to scope you out just thru the random picture postings :) i learned the other day that my hairstyle right now is a "Lob"- and I think yours might be at that stage too.... a "long bob". lol great to know I have a style name even in the nasty inbetween stages of trying to grow it back out. haha love ya

Tate Family said...

I was gonna ask if you're losing weight, too...

The hair is purdy cute! Love it straightened and longer.

Jana said...

sweet pictures....glad it's a good week inspite of Ryan being clingy in the mornings.

Janelle said...

Sadly, no, not losing weight--but THANKS! :) In fact, have gained 5 lbs in the last 1 1/2 months. Sigh.
Yes, growing my hair out, so I guess I have a LOB (hilarious). I'm trying for below my collar bones, but we'll see. :)