Monday, June 29, 2009

Of course...

I forgot to add to yesterday. I was (amazingly) ready for church on time. (and by on time, I mean, we had to leave our house at 8:30 for the kids to be there in time for their VBS singing thing--that's early!). Anyway, I came downstairs fully confident in my outfit choice (new shirt, coordinating jewlery, cute shoes and the perfect earrings). I walked into the kitchen and Anna-Kate said, "O mommy you look so pretty. I like the baby in your tummy!". I said, "Do I really look like I have a baby in my tummy?" (while Chris is frantically trying to wave her down and violently shaking his head no in the background) she replies, "O yes Mommy, you do."

Certainly turned right around and went upstairs to change. Coincidentally, we were late. Can you blame me?

***

I came home from church in desperate need of a diet dr. pepper. Wouldn't you know it, there wasn't the first coke in the fridge. (don't you just hate that? I do...). So Chris solved that problem. He put twenty-four DDP's and 12 DC's in the fridge. (Who's got the room??) Super, only problem, where to put my groceries for the week, plus, with all that in there, they weren't getting cold.

Enter my brilliance. Me, "I'll just pop this DDP in the freezer for a few minutes and get it a little frosty and delicious". Fast forward to this morning. In my early morning fog I tried to get some ice water and the ice was, uhh, dirty. I opened the freezer to investigate. Voila, problem solved. Too bad it involved doing a deep clean of my freezer and ice maker. It exploded. Everywhere.

Good (Monday) morning folks!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

That has TOTALLY happened to me - hate that, b/c it is such a huge task to clean the entire freezer. Boo!!

Mom said...

At least it was a diet Dr. Pepper rather than a syrupy one.