Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's days like today that make me smile

"I a beautiful mermaid, right mommy? Right?" A great way to start the morning. :)

***

On our way to playgroup, which was at the pool this morning, Anna-Kate asked where we were going (as always, "where I go now?"). I said to Brayden's pool to play.
AK: "who his mommy?"
Me: "Miss Sharie."
AK: "Oh, I like Miss Cherry"
Me: "No, not 'cherry', Sharie".
AK: "Right, Miss Cherry. I like her. But, I not like her as much as I like milkshake cherries."

Hilarious. I absolutely was laughing out loud. Unfortunately, she's reached the point of not wanting to be laughed at, so I had to curtail myself for her sake.

***

Last Christmas season I won a gift certificate for a mommy and me manicure at a local (nice) nail salon. I put it away, because really, who has time for anything extra in December?? Well, I just found it last week and realized the expiration date was June 7 (my anniversary). Chris had to work late every day last week, so that wasn't a possibility so I scheduled it for Sunday the 7th. We talked about it all week and the last thing she said before going to bed for her nap on Sunday was, "when I get up you and me, just the girls, go get our nails pretty. Right mommy? Special treat for just the girls? Not daddy and Ryan, just us" (in case I was unclear on exactly who "the girls" were...). Well, shortly after this was when I had to rush Ryan to the ER. I was so sad when I looked at my watch and realized I would be missing our special date. Chris called to cancel but noone picked up for him to try to get a reschedule. I called back yesterday to see if they'd honor the certificate, even though it was late. I worked my way up to speaking with the manager, but she finally agreed if I brought my discharge papers from the hospital (I guess to prove I didn't forget?? Seriously?? Who skips pampering?). So, I made an appointment for this evening. Anna-Kate is on cloud nine!!Forgive my appearance. We went to the pool twice today, there is only so much you can do with that...

Waiting our turn and showing off the colors we chose.

Photobucket

She was very shy at first, so I ended up putting her on my lap, but she totally warmed up and had the whole place laughing at her antics and humor by the end of it. (though I was not laughing mid-mani when she announced "I need to go poo-poo right now". Of course you do.)

Photobucket

They have a great set-up for little girls getting the "little princess mani". To help keep their fingers in the warm water they put marbles in the bottom for them to play with. She loved it and sat so still and didn't touch her fingers or anything the whole time!

Photobucket

Afterwards we went to Chik-ole (you know, Chick-fil-a) to get a peach shake (YUM) and a "white icecream that's plain with no peaches and a milkshake cherry" (see above) respectively.

Photobucket

We had such a good time!! I so enjoyed my girl and I am so proud of her! I asked her if she had a fun day today and she said, "Mommy, my fabrit part of today was getting my pinger-nails painted with you. That was a special treat. I also like my icecream. That special treat too. I love you mommy."

How precious is that?

3 comments:

The Levy's said...

That was stinkin adorable!

Heather said...

I am so happy you got to go have your special Mommy and me date! You guys are just so fun!

Heather of Troy said...

I can't believe that in two years this could be me and my baby. Your kids are so precious. Those eyes are just killer gorgeous on both of them. Love the stories!