Thursday, June 4, 2009

In my observation...

...earrings determine the final look of an outfit. I know most would say that a necklace or shoes does that job, but I disagree. For instance, tonight I wore a comfy cotton dress to dinner. I wore a long chunky black necklace (picture coming). I couldn't find my big silver ball earrings, which is what I wanted to achieve the casual-yet-put-together look I was going for, so I settled for the coordinating black chunky earrings. A little too dressy, but it worked OK. To further my point, today I saw a mom in leggings and a t-shirt with her hair pulled back in a ponytail. However, she had on huge pearl stud earrings (they were super cute). Took her from slobby-just-rolled-out-of-bed, to cute, functional, "wow I should work out like she does" just by the correct earring choice. Magic, huh?

I'm just sayin'. Don't you agree?

3 comments:

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Earrings are essential and make the outfit for sure!

The Bartons said...

agreed......esp since i hate any other form of jewelry but earrings :) hehe i do good with just getting earrings in :)

Heather of Troy said...

Janelle,

I just found your blog through your comment on Moriah's chic critique. your kids are so beautiful! I was there when Anna Kate was born. Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy. What gorgeous eyes!

I met Peter and Joy the other day. They came to our church and I was so happy because we don't have young families, but they live too far away to make it reasonable. So sad.

Anyway, beautiful family!
Heather (Rantal) Greene