Monday, February 22, 2010

It's official, Ryan is 2.

Seriously? How did this happen so quickly?? It seems like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital.



The day started off well, (I took a 2 hour nap yesterday and then proceeded to sleep for over 9 hours last night. I believe that is a record for this 36+ week pregnant Mama!). Anna-Kate and I went into Ryan's room to serenade him with "happy birthday" this morning. He immediately jumped out of bed saying, "ere I-an's choo-choo's?" (where are Ryan's trains). While the kids played I made a yummy breakfast of eggs with ham and cheese and blueberry muffins, Ryan's favorite breakfast! I thought I was so smart to put 2 little candles in his muffin and sing (yes, again. I like birthdays, what can I say?). After he blew out his candles, I made a realization. Muffins that just came out of a 400 degree oven are hot. I know, earth-shattering news. They are so hot in fact, that they melt candles producing a blue wax pretty evenly distributed throughout the muffin. O well. I took that one for the team.

Sweet birthday boy:



(Notice the leaning candles...)



Poor candles post being thrust into piping hot muffin.




We went to Ryan's playgroup, naps, then ballet. Finally, we went out to dinner and got some yummy burgers, headed to Target to let Ryan pick out something special for his birthday then home for the conclusion of the Mickey cake and to open presents. When Anna-Kate and Chris went to the hockey game last month they bought Ryan a toddler sized hockey stick and puck/ball set. Anna-Kate could barely contain herself--she's been dying to give it to him for so long! He loved it! We gave him a rug for his room that he can drive his trains/trucks etc on, a frog umbrella, (I know it sounds lame be he LOVES it and has always been jealous of Anna-Kate's umbrella), and some new tag jr. books. He was beside himself.

Not interested in holding off on the cake for a picture with Mama.



Testing out the driving capabilities of the new rug.



Thanking big sister for the gift!



Testing out hockey set.











It was a sweet day. Happy 2nd birthday Ryan, we love you!

2 comments:

Dance411 said...

Aww! Sounds like he had a great one! Happy Birthday Ryan!

The Levy's said...

Too sweet - glad he had a great 2nd birthday!