Sunday, February 14, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Yes, I realize I'm a few days late posting this. We've been busy being "snowed in" and playing. :) (well, and to be fair, watching the Olympics and getting thirty pages done in my scrapbook! That's right, 30, and it's only day 3 of the games.)

On Friday it started snowing about 1, large beautiful flakes. By the time nap/rest time was over, there was accumulation (and, bonus, a daddy sent home early from work for weather conditions) to play in! Yay!!

Our snow boy. I couldn't find my gloves (convenient, huh?) and Chris got tired of making a snow man. The kids were happy. Runts for eyes. He soon had a green face. O well. The snow was awesome packing snow--great snowballs and snow people.



Ryan was not so sure about the falling snow in his eyes. (I was actually surprised that Anna-Kate enjoyed it as much as she did. Except the whole being forced to choose between wearing jeans or not being allowed to go outside. Sigh.)



Early in the accumulation. We ultimately ended up with about 5+ inches, which is a big deal down here! :)



Just because we got cold and went inside, the party didn't end! Trying my hardest to be the "fun crafty mom" we made snow icecream for dessert (after we ate homemade pizza...yum). HUGE hit with the kids (and me. Surprisingly, it's a childhood memory. Yes, I grew up in south Texas. It snowed once.).







Ryan was so excited to play in the snow that he got himself ready on Saturday, all by himself (clearly). :)



After a leisurly pancake breakfast, we went back out to play. Today, it was SO BRIGHT from the sun reflecting off the snow! It was gorgeous though.





No comments: