Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ryan's growing up!

I took Ryan in for his 2 year well baby appointment yesterday. I actually liked his new pediatrician (miracle of all miracles, huh?). He is perfectly healthy, talked the whole time, and did great as they got his vitals. He didn't even have to get shots. Super.

Anyway, he is 10th% for height (33 inches) and 30th% in weight (26 lbs) the doctor informed me that he is "husky". I said, "are you kidding me? He was 'failing to thrive' last summer and I've worked hard to help him gain weight." He said, "It's no big deal, plenty of us are short and broad shouldered and do great things in this world" (he's probably 5'6" himself). When I told Chris about the husky remark, he said, "geesh, I at least made it to age 12 before I got that title." :) LOL.

Anyway, we are praising the Lord for a healthy report and for a referral to the pediatric ENT (and a quick opening on March 10) to check into Ryan's chronic croup and breathing airway situation.

2 comments:

emilie said...

Wow... you liked your pediatrician!! Cool. That's never happened to me :)

The Bartons said...

LOL. Husky :) Matt was husky too...and look at how he turned out :) 6'2" :) No worries :)