Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Day

While a total "hallmark holiday", I appreciate the fact that it forces men (well, I don't care about all of the men out there, just Chris pretty much) to stop and do something sweet, and I get to go out to dinner. It's like the appetizer to my birthday (which is coming up, you may begin your shopping now).

Well anyway, we went out last Wednesday to Stoney River. It's a steak place and it is to.die.for. The rolls are amazing and they bring you a bowl of sweet butter to place the roll in. There are no words. The salad and dressing, so yummy....the steak and sides, ahhh, and of course, the chocolate cake. It's like 15 layers high (I'm not kidding) and Chris is always happy because they bring out shots of milk so cold it's icy, and I let him have mine (I'm a giver, what can I say?). He even hijacked my email addresses and friends booked a sitter for us for the evening. We ended up stopping at Target, because, that's what we do on dates. (I was informed that day that Ryan's MMO class was exchanging valentines the following day. Sweet thought, can't say he got anything out of it. Though, he really enjoyed the juice and cookie party). Love my husband!! I should add, he also brought home a huge bouquet of red roses. They are "just wonderful and so lovely" as Anna-Kate would say. I have so enjoyed them and they are still alive and kicking, almost a week later!

I was one of the moms in charge of Anna-Kate's class valentines party, so got to school at 11 to set up.

Obligatory picture:



Eating a sandwich cut into a heart shape. We also had (red) strawberries, pirates booty (you know, so festive and all) and cupcakes with PINK frosting and red sprinkles.



Listening to the instructions for the games to come.



Anna-Kate took the princess tiara off of one of Ryan's valentines. He was quite OK with the arrangement.



Again, the obligatory picture. He was impatient to get his promised cookie...



So, I thought Valentines Day (or, Balentines Day if you are AK) was over, so was very pleasantly surprised to receive a package in the mail yesterday. It was a vase full of gladiolas, chocolate, teddy bear and bath salts/lotion/gel combo. What a man!

So, it really is a holiday just for women (as I gave him a very sweet homemade card. I'm sure he was overjoyed.). I'm ok with that, aren't you?

2 comments:

Dance411 said...

I love how you said that the restaurant brings you a bowl of sweet butter to place the roll in!!! I would go just for that!!

The Bartons said...

haha. glad it wasn't just a box of candy this year ;) way to go chris :)