Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy birthday to me...

What, can't I sing to myself? Is that weird?

Today has been wonderful so far. I got up 3 minutes before my alarm went off (which is super to wake up sans beep) and when I walked into Anna-Kate's room she was sitting there smiling and said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!". We (mostly uneventfully) got out the door to school and were only 4 minutes late. A personal best for a Thursday for me. I left my kids (and Ryan didn't even object) drove through Chick-fil-a for breakfast on my way to the spa to get a prenatal massage. Heaven will have massage available. I'm convinced of it. (Sidenote, upon much thought and contemplation, I think that "receiving massage" might be my love language.). After I was completely relaxed I took a shower...for 30 minutes...and got ready, really slowly and all.by.myself. It was glorious. I drove through Arby's for lunch (Hey, I'm pregnant and it's my birthday. I'm allowed to.). As they serve Pepsi products (insert gagging noise here, I would rather eat dirt.) I opted for the chocolate shake. Unfortunately for me, I had to pick up my kids about 3 minutes after getting the shake and they drank about half of it. O well, probably better for Jack anyway, and I know it's better for me...

Kids are down for naps while I get packed up and try to finish up my scrapbook palooza. My friend even brought me a diet dr. pepper as I had neglected my stockpile and had none to keep my eyelids open during the afternoon slump. After naps we are headed to my parents' house for a couple of days. They are taking us to Carraba's for dinner tonight. I'm having visions of bread...yum.

So, like I said, happy birthday to me! :)

4 comments:

Jonesey said...

Happy Birthday!

Scrapbook-a-palooza is such a great idea for watching olympics!

Genius, and fun to do as you wait for baby!

The Bartons said...

yay! happy birthday! AND i get to see you TOMORROW! yahhoo!!!!

Sara said...

Happy happy birthday!!! Gotta love those massages! I think I am due for one:)

Kathryn said...

My birthday was Wednesday! 2/24 :-)

We'll refrain from talking about the fact that I am 10 years (minus one day) older than you... ugh.