Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ryan, the ninja

Maybe it's a boy thing, (you know, just like how it's a "boy thing" to be hardwired from birth to make sound effects and play with swords?) that Ryan is so covert. I will put him to bed and swear that he's gone right to sleep, only to check on him and find a random assortment of items he has silently gathered (even when I am intentionally listening for the tell-tale pitter patter of little feet).

We never dealt with that with Anna-Kate. We told her not to get out of her bed until we came in and told her she could. She disobeyed once and learned her lesson, never doing it again.

So, tonight, I went in to kiss Ryan goodnight and to put some books on the foot of his bed for him to read when he wakes up in the morning (I'm nice like that. Well, and I like to sleep until 8, regardless of when my children wake up). It was then that I found the evidence of his ninja-ness. Interested in what I just fished out of his bed? I thought so. A pirate dress-up hat, a Mr. Potato Head construction hat and glasses, 2 of his shoes, (That he got out of his drawer. In the dark. They even matched.) and a hot pink back rub thing. This is all in addition to his 2 pillows, blanket, Mickey, dog, lambie and him.

Seriously?? Who's got room for all of that in a twin bed? I'd be hard pressed to fit it in my king...

No comments: