Friday, May 14, 2010

First caffeine

**I wrote this Friday, but somehow never pushed publish. Losing.my.mind.**

Even though I ran 10 errands yesterday, I was unable to find something that had to be purchased to give as a gift this weekend. So, this morning I headed out with all three kids. Unfortunately, our destination was a store containing many breakables. Before we walked in we had a chat. If they practiced self-control and stood close to Mommy and didn't act crazy, we'd go to Chick-fil-a for lunch.

They did awesome (and the baby slept, in his carseat!). So, as promised, we went to get some chicken. The old Janelle would have driven through and let them eat in the car on the way home for naps (it was 12:40). I decided to go in and let them play. I was feeling good about myself and promptly received my "reward"--I was asked to participate in a milkshake taste test! Umyasignmeuprightnow! They are adding a new flavor to the lineup...it will either be key lime, (YUCK) banana pudding, (tastes just like really good banana pudding, it was delicious)or mocha chocolate chip (also very good, my second choice). I told them that since everyone does a coffee thing, they already have chocolate, and since CFA was a southern company and, really, what is more southern than banana pudding? Then, they handed me a coupon for free food. All in all, I'd call that a successful lunch trip. :)

Oh, and guess who now loves coffee? Anna-Kate's favorite is the mocha-chocolate chip. Ya, I let her finish it. She isn't napping anymore, which means it had 7 hours to get out of her system...

No comments: