Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Let's make a deal

We have been SO extremely blessed by friends and family who have brought meals to us since Jack's birth. (Like, he's almost 6 weeks old and I'm still getting a few meals. I know, amazing.)

Anna-Kate is evidently experiencing her first craving. Hotdogs, disgustingly enough. She asked if we could have them for dinner all day (would round out McDonald's for lunch nicely, huh?). I told her Miss Krista was bringing us dinner and we were eating whatever she brought.

My friend came bearing a Mexican casserole with black beans, cheese, chicken and tortillas (fool-proof and totally kid friendly). Anna-Kate's response? "Umm, let's make a deal. Ok? How about you and Daddy and Ryan eat that stuff and I will eat a hotdog. Ok?" Umm, no, not OK. "Well, how about I'll just watch y'all eat it."

She finally ate it, and declared it to be good.

In other, very unrelated, news, Anna-Kate is starting to put letter sounds together to sound out words (with much help, I'll add, but still). We wrote down friends' names and some 3 letter words (the only ones I could come up with that contained no English tricks or exceptions--that would be cat and dog, and her first official word to sound out was "Adam"). I'm really proud of her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo! it's official, they are meant to be together. let it be said, let it be done. :) now for adam to work on sounding out anna-kate... hehe

Leigh-Ann

Tate Family said...

Isn't it hilarious how they think they can manipulate us already? Wesley does the same exact thing. Little stinkers...they are a mess.