Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day, part 4

My first mother's day was when I was extremely pregnant with Anna-Kate and irritated with my girl for not being in arms for my first moms day.

Since then, we've added to our family and I love the annual day to relax and see the sweet things my kids bring home from Sunday school and school (and, thankfully, the token of their appreciation has gotten steadily better than the king sized reeces cup Chris bought me my first "official" mothers day).

This morning the kids came running upstairs (after Chris got them up and fed) to bring me their homemade Mother's Day cards. Is there anything sweeter than that accompanied by "happy mommy day, mommy!" over and over!? We went to church and then to Uncle Julios for lunch. YUM. Quite thankful to have discovered (I believe) the only Mexican restaurant in the area with freshly made tortillas (and that's a deal breaker for this Tex-Mex snob). We came home, the kids napped and Chris, Mimi and I sat around chatting and enjoying the time to relax. The kids picked out a new hot pink knockout rose for the backyard (I have a feeling I know who made the color selection :) ) and Chris bought me a bottle of wine. Very nice.

Anna-Kate brought home a gift she made in school as well. (Though she was too excited to wait until today to give it to me and handed it to me in the parking lot of school on Thursday). It was a flower pot she had painted with a fork stuck in some green moss holding a (pink paper) flower. I think I'm gonna put a picture of her in the flower. So sweet. My favorite part of the gift was her letter. See?

(Sidenote, I always love my daughter...not just when she makes her bed.). :)



Blessing #1:



Blessing # 2:



Blessing #3:



I am one blessed Mama!



And finally, thanks to my mom for everything you've done for me over the years. You have taught me so much and been a wonderful example of Godly mothering. I love you!

4 comments:

Mom's Blog said...

Well said, Janelle!

Leslie said...

So sweet! That letter is so sweet!

Katie said...

Reese cup? Really? :) Ella Ann came home with a very similar card and I was going to post it this week on the blog! They are so funny with what they come up with about us!

Tate Family said...

aww, what a sweet post, Janelle. You are really blessed with such great kiddos and hubby. :)