Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ticking time bomb...

That would be Jack in a car seat.

I guess I can't blame him. I raise my "babywise" kids to sleep at a certain time in a certain place (their beds) all by themselves with no help. So, naturally, when I put them in the car seat, (double whammy for Jack, he sleeps on his belly. Shhh.) it is just so wrong and unnatural. He's OK if the car is moving, but red lights are a deal breaker. So is sitting in a waiting room for 30 minutes (but then, I wanted a nap in my own bed too, who am I kidding?).

Today was my 6 week post-partum appointment. To add insult to injury (you know, it was that appointment...) I had to wait 30 minutes for a doctor who I had never laid eyes on before (evidently, Kaiser specializes in putting patients in uncomfortable, revealing situations with complete strangers (you know, childbirth, that appointment...). I mean, all I have on, besides what the good Lord gave me, was the "full physical" gown and I've got an impatient anti-car seat infant one sneeze away from yelping.

I'm happy to report that, uncharacteristically for me, the doctor finally came, there were no fire alarms, no hysterical babies, in fact, nothing too out of the ordinary. (Am I becoming normal finally?) All is good and I'm "as healed as I could hope to be for 6 weeks postpartum C-section". Can't tell you how thrilled I am about the green light to work out. (In case you don't know me well, feel free to re-read that sentence dripping with sarcasm.).

Good news: 4 lbs to lose to be pre-Jack weight.
Bad news: 14 lbs to lose to be pre-baby weight.
Worse news: I guess I have to work out and give up my daily ice cream now. Boo.

1 comment:

EmilyV said...

My first two were tummy sleepers, so I bought a stroller that laid down completely flat and used that when I was out and about instead of their car seats. That way they could sleep on their tummies. It was worth every penny!