Saturday, May 15, 2010

A party fit for a princess

Anna-Kate has been talking about her 4th birthday party since last June (and no, I'm not kidding or exaggerating).

Well, the day finally arrived! I stayed up way too late making her cake (and thanks to Leigh-Ann for keeping me company while I did it and making my pink sugar) but otherwise, it was a totally stress free party. I told her this week that she could pick anything she wanted for lunch at her party--she requested peanut butter and honey sandwiches (which I cut into hearts), cheese puffs, grapes, and cantaloupe. I threw in some princess teddy grahams just cause I'm nice like that. She and I looked online to get ideas for a cake, and of course, she determined she wanted a 3-d castle for her princesses. I asked what icecream she wanted to go with it..."None, just my icing on my cake" she said. Alrighty.

Here's the cake:



Closer up:



She covered her eyes to fully anticipate the excitement of seeing her cake for the first time this morning (and no, I didn't tell her to do that).



I think she likes it...in fact, as each friend came in she said, "hi _____, come and see my princess cake!"



Chris' comment, "wow, she's good for your ego, huh?". Ya, she's a keeper for sure. :)



The food table:



One of our crafts, stringing candy necklaces.



Our other craft, decorating princess crowns (though, I did not use hot glue and should have...note to self: Elmer's glue doesn't bond glitter covered foam to pop-poms very well).



The lit cake:



Make a wish...blow the candles out...




Yay! She blew out all four candles!



Chillin', eating her candy necklace and waiting patiently to open her presents.



After she opened her gifts she was so excited to give her friends their gifts (party favors...I had a blast putting them together. Little paper purses with nail polish, stickers, ring pop).



All of the princesses in attendance: Shaylyn, Hannah, Lauren, Anna-Kate, Annie, and Natalie.

3 comments:

Dance411 said...

what a perfect party!! beautiful cake mommy!

Leslie said...

You are such a good party planner! Everything looks great!

Mom B said...

Great party! You inherited your Mom's gift of parties! Good job, Janelle! You're giving your kids some precious memories!