Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I could cry

Anna-Kate has been asking for a baby backpack (basically, a doll bjorn) for a couple of months. She plays with it exclusively at Sunday school and desperately wanted one for home. I looked casually and couldn't find one so passed the idea on to my mom. She ran with it, and was able to find one through an amazon affiliate and get the last one they had and had it shipped here. Well, it arrived today.



She started screaming and jumping up and down as I opened the box for her. Then (as I clearly was not moving quickly enough) she shouted, "hurry mommy! get it out, get it out!!" She wore it all day, only taking if off to nurse the baby on my boppy (while watching tv...wonder where she got that idea??). Hilarious.

I could cry looking at these pictures...I can just see her twenty years from now...



The last time I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up she said, "Mommy, I already told you this [hand on hip, clearly annoyed at my forgetfulness]. I don't want to be a doctor or a nurse or a teacher. I want to be a Mommy, just like you." Melt.my.heart.

1 comment:

Aidensmom said...

Melt MY heart, too! These pictures are sweet.

Jenny