Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our little ballerina!

Today was the long anticipated ballet recital. It was held at a civic center on a real-deal stage with stadium seating. (I was almost sweating, worrying that Anna-Kate was going to freeze up and not dance with a couple hundred people watching her.) She did great at practice yesterday and I told her if she did that good today she would get a special prize. What that is, I'm not sure, but that's fine.

She did AWESOME! I am SO PROUD of my girl! She knew all of her dances and smiled and participated the whole time (which, if you remember the Thanksgiving show at school and her first recital, you'll know that this is a big deal for us!).

The show lasted over two hours. We all thought it would never end (to be fair, all of the little kid performances were precious and we smiled and laughed our way through--it was the older kids that dragged on for.e.ver. Poor Ryan was asking to take a nap (but he did amazing and sat on my lap the whole time watching and clapping at the appropriate times and not being disruptive at all!).

Waiting for the music to begin.




Doing her opening ballet dance to "Somewhere, over the rainbow." Precious.





Don't forget to smile!



Tap dance was to "Let me entertain you";






The finale that I thought would never come, "There's no business like show business".







So proud of my girl! She was so proud of her flower. :) It's the little things.

4 comments:

Dance411 said...

LOVE IT!! You know I love a ballerina! :) After Marley's recital, she asked me where her flowers were! HA!! I had them, I just wanted hugs and kisses first!

Jenn said...

She is the cutest little ballerina I've ever seen! Great job Anna- Kate!

Leslie said...

She is so grown up! Very cute pics!

Tate Family said...

TOO MUCH! She is a mess. Too stinkin cute.