Tuesday, January 5, 2010

As usual...

I know I'm not the only one who has days (weeks?) that I just cry "enough! I can't take anymore Lord!".

As usual, my Bible study goes hand in hand with my life (amazing how God works, huh?). The final chapter of The Lies Women Believe dealt with our circumstances. Wouldn't you know it, the second to last lie of the book, "I just can't take anymore". Seriously? But really, I can't. You know that feeling of being maxed out? (and I should add, for the first time in my life I can honestly say that I'm not currently over-committed, this is all outside of me). It's every area of my life--I'm just overwhelmed. Thankfully, the author was quick to remind that Christ's grace is sufficient for me. I know it. My head 100% believes that, but you know how hard it is to live that--to truly believe that by living it? From the author,

"Dear child of God, your heavenly Father will never lead you anywhere that His grace will not sustain you. He will never place more upon you than He will give you grace to bear. When the path before you seems hopelessly long, take heart. Lift up your eyes. Look ahead to that day when all suffering will be over. And remember that when you stand before Him, all the tears and sorrows of a lifetime will seem dim in comparison with the beauty and glory of His face. Without a doubt, you will say, 'His amazing grace has brought me safely home.'"

Oh Lord, may it be.

Then, my dear friend shared a verse from Isaiah (30:20-21) with me,

"Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachings will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'this is the way; walk in it.'"

I am so thankful for the power of prayer and the encouragement of Christian sisters (and my husband!). I praise the Lord, for He is good His love and mercies endure forever! I am praying for renewed strength and mercies every day and for peace amidst life.

1 comment:

Mom said...

How precious! Thank you and whoever shared Isaiah 30:20-21 with you. Today is the day I needed to read that verse.
Love,
Mom