Friday, January 29, 2010

To remember

Upon seeing the clothes I bought at the end of last season for this upcoming spring/summer Anna-Kate held up a (very cute) pair of shorts and said, "Umm, I don't beary much want to wear these, only dresses. These are not beary beautiful on me I think." (and, ps, if you see her in a shirt and shorts or pants, do me a favor and DON'T call it pants and a shirt. It is simply a short dress with leggings or shorts to keep her legs warm. OK, now that we're clear).

Along the same lines, I dropped Anna-Kate off at school last week and she ran in and immediately to her friend Emma and they began talking. Her teacher said to me, "ahh, a dress, I'm sure they'll be discussing this all day" and laughed. Evidently Emma, Anna-Kate, and Campbell all attempt to wear dresses every day. Now her comments make sense. For weeks the first thing she says when she gets in the car are, "Campbell wore ___ and Emma wore____ today" (and it is noted if there are tights, pants or a shirt under said dress. Also noted if a friend had the misfortune of being forced to wear pants that day. Also noted? Color of bow.). Amazing.

***

We were driving home from school and had a kids Christian cd on (like, the old school Sunday school songs). It's an old Gospel song, "Ain't That Good News?" and repeats frequently. After every "Good news" when the singing stopped for a second Ryan sang, "goo neeeews!". Precious. Made me smile the whole way.

***

As I tucked Ryan in for his nap today I blew him a kiss and said, "I love you buddy, sweet dreams" (as I always do). First time (unprompted) he said, "wuv you mama", blew me a kiss, gave me a big smile and waved bye-bye. Melt.my.heart.

***

Chris and I are doing "Growing Kids God's Way" as a Sunday school class. The current chapter is on love languages. We were answering questions to figure ours and the kids' primary love language. There are 5 sets of 5 questions that you rank 1-5 in order of importance. You can only use each number 1 time per set. 1 is the least important thing. Twice last night Chris said, "dang, I've used my 1 already." Super. :) (and, in case you were wondering, my love language is "words of affirmation" if you are surprised, you don't know me well enough. :) Feel free to leave many words of affirmation as a comment-ha!).

***

Anna-Kate on Disney this year. "well, I guess since I'll be 4 when we go to Disneyworld that I will be a big girl and baby Jack can have my seat in the stroller that I used to use when I was a baby last year."

Along the Disney line...every.single.day. we look at Disney pictures (and she asks to look at her friend Ansley's Disney pictures). Obsessed much? Nana and Poppy have created a monster! :) Both of my kids will sit completely still and watch over 200 pictures in the Disney slide show. Amazing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to get one of those frames that you put the disk in from the camera that automatically changes the pics for you....priceless!

Katie said...

Well not only are you and I kindred spirits but evidently Anna-Kate and Ella Ann are! I have ONLY bought dresses for her for the entire spring/summer thus far. I am refusing to fight pants/shorts anymore! Each day she gets in the car from school she tells me if any friend of hers was wearing a dress! Yes, EA is just as obsessed, as are we, with all things Disney. We are taking her in October. We must get together with the girls!

Mom said...

Like mother. . .like daughter. I wonder if she will ever refuse to wear dresses that aren't "spin dresses."

Brie said...

Your kids kid-isms crack me up! Sounds like Anna-Kate may have a future in the fashion industry!