Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ode to mod podge

Oh mod podge, how I love thee. You make those of us untalented in the craft arena able to fake it a bit.

My original thought was to paint some art for the kids' walls. Then I realized it would have looked horrible and I would have thrown it away. So I started thinking. I love fabric. I can cut in a straight line (especially if I have something straight or circular by which I can trace said line) and I can paint (when it's a clear substance, that is). Enter my brilliant idea, mod podge and fabric on canvas.

I feel so Martha Stewart.

Anna-Kate's wall art:



Ryan's wall art (special sneak-peek, his room reveal isn't quite ready yet. Also, ps, the white part will go away, it's like glue, goes on white, dries clear. Foolproof.):



Not too bad, it could be better, but I'm not complaining! Start to finish for both kids art: $12. Can't beat that with a stick.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Man, Janelle, you are one smart cookie! I may have to steal that idea! :) I used to modge podge ALL the time and haven't done it in years! You've inspired me!

Unknown said...

How cute! I love it.