Thursday, January 14, 2010

Halfway finished

Finally, I am finished decorating Anna-Kate's big girl room! I am so happy with how it turned out!

We painted it bubblegum pink on the top and put up chair rail and left the bottom half white. (I say we, by that, I mean Chris painted. Well, I did the trim around the room).

I made the valence, the headboard, french board, lampshade and the wall art.



Close up on the monogrammed pillows and the ric-rac I added to the bedskirt and the pillows.





I am in the love with the trim I found!!



Her dresser and the art I made. This is a big step for me, I am not creative or artistic, at all!



The french board over her toy storage and play area. I still need to make labels for her baskets (dang, I'm not done!).



Right side of her bed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Great colors Janelle. I'm sure AK is in love with her new big girl room. Awesome job!!
You are so creative! :)

Jenny

phillips phamily said...

So cute for a super cute girl! Every time I'm on facebook, the girls say "I see someone I know!" (Anna Kate!) Ha!

I think I used that same bedspread for HJ's room, but it was green with white polka dots. Now it's folded up in the linen closet since they are sharing a room. I bought HJ all the same bedding as AE so they could match.

Maybe it will make a good dog bed?

Katie said...

Wow Janelle! You are amazing! It is an awesome room and I just love it!!!!

Ashley said...

Wow! I love it! You and Chris did an awesome job and I bet AK will love this room for a long time!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Janelle, what an amazing job. Can you do Elle and Paige's room for me? xxoox

Kathy

Dance411 said...

I LOVE IT! You're a talented lady!

Gil House said...

OMG!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! you did soooooooooo good!!! can this be MY room???? :)

Mom B said...

Sweetie, you did your Mama proud! Incredible!!! Love you!
~Carol

The Boyer Crew said...

This room is beautiful! I love it!