Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009 part 2

To begin with, you should know that this is SUCH a small percentage of the pictures I took on Christmas. OK, that's all. :)

I decided to be "good" mommy and wake up and get showered and ready before my kids woke up so I wouldn't hold them up. I was getting breakfast in the oven when we heard Anna-Kate (who was peeking around the quilt over the catwalk railing) say, "I see a Tinkerbell dress!". Chris went up and got Ryan--and here's what I saw from my vantage point:



(thank you new SLR Canon for the amazingly quick recovery and clear picture of running target!!)







She stopped on her own accord and posed for this picture on the way to her stocking and santa present. I have certainly trained her. :)



Struggle all day. When I'd ask her to show me what she got, she'd cover her face and it was a minute long ordeal to, inch-by-inch, lower it to see part of her face.



He was happy as pie with his balls. Ran around content as could be. When he got to the individually wrapped stocking presents, it put him over the top. :) Sweet boy.



The doctor kit was a huge hit with Ryan (and, Anna-Kate too in case you forgot).



"Doctoring" my ear (future ENT Matt? :) ).



Here I was bribing her to take a sweet picture and then she could put the Tinkerbell dress on.



We wrote Mana and Papa a letter when we gave them their gifts telling them Jack's name and our prayers for him. It was sweet.



Thrilled beyond belief to open his dollar store foam swords and immediately begin sword fighting. This is in-born people, no doubt!



My parents with their non-surprise gift of the year--a calendar of pictures. :)



Unprompted and excited hug for Nana in thanks of Fancy Nancy doll:



With the doll. How sweet is this?



Obligatory family picture. Not our best ever...



Whole group (my grandpa's brother and his wife, Ryan and me, my parents, Chris and Anna-Kate and my grandparents in the front).



After the 4 o'clock meal the kids got their bikes. Ryan was loving it (poor guy is a little too short for the pedals, but he still gets on and walks it. :) ).



We wanted to try on his helmet before taking the tags off, but once it was on he didn't want it off. He LOVES his helmet! (is he the first kid ever to love those things??)



Scared of riding independantly at first, but now proudly announces, "I'm doing it, I'm ped-ling all.by.my.self."

1 comment:

The Bartons said...

LOVE these pics Janelle!!! So fun! and if Ryan wants to talk to Matt about ENT have him give him a call! :)
ps- like the longer hairstyle. And I 'lol'd when I saw your 2010 pic (which is great by the way) at the top b/c Ryan has Chris' EXACT cheesy smile! haha love it!