Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Glorious!

I forgot how A-M-A-Z-I-N-G 60 degrees and no rain is. Bless their hearts, I think my kids' had too.

Today was a gorgeous day and we took full advantage! I picked up chick-fil-a on the way to get Anna-Kate from school and we enjoyed a picnic on the playground with a couple of friends (stroke of brilliance that needs to be repeated!!). Ryan couldn't be bothered to eat his nuggets, he was too busy running the entire 1 1/2 hours we were there! I am usually a stickler for eating lunch first and then playing, but it's supposed to start raining (again) tomorrow, so after he swallowed 2 nuggets almost whole, I just let it, and him, go (round of applause for new laid-back Janelle?).

Can I tell you, he napped for 3 1/2 hours? Wowza, and that's why little boys need to play outside!

(Good thing too, yesterday, naps were disastrous as he got out of bed and discoverd a whole box of elmo bandaids and q-tips. He was as quiet as a church mouse...Let's just say I'm still picking up random sticks and pieces of cotton.)

Tomorrow Chris and Anna-Kate have their first daddy/daughter date to a hockey game. Chris is really excited. Anna-Kate is excited to stay up past bedtime and eat a hotdog and cotton candy. Hockey is clearly not her first priority. Can you blame her? :)

1 comment:

THobbs said...

Yay for Daddy/Daughter dates!! Funny how I still would LOVE the cotton candy and hot dogs over the hockey game- even at 28! :) Love your blog...you are a super mommy! Our babies are probably due right around the same time. I'm 34 this week, she is coming out on or before Feb. 26th...what about you??