Friday, March 18, 2011

Even though...I'm thankful

Even though today would mark hospital trip number four (this winter) for Ryan, {his croup/breathing issues} I am so thankful for the steroids that make him better (enough to stay home). (*Bonus, Jack was deemed to have "the best lungs I've heard in weeks" by our pediatrician--yippee!)

Even though I've done upwards of 20 loads of laundry in the last week and a half (2 different people with pink eye, a kid with fever, and 2 who threw up) I am so thankful that I have an awesome washing machine and drier that make my life easier.

Even though there is constantly something in my house that {desperately} needs cleaning, I am so thankful that we have a house and for a daughter who loves to help, often asking what chores she can do to help our family.

Even though my back hurts, I am so thankful for a husband who has bent over backwards to help me and lighten my load.

Even though my days are often long, tedious and filled with "being consistent" I am beyond blessed and thankful for the children that take my time, that I can stay home with them and that Chris absolutely supports our decision for me to do so.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for the reminder to be thankful despite crummy circumstances! Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

Chris said...

boom goes the dynamite

Anonymous said...

Love this - perspective!! :)

Jenny