Sunday, March 6, 2011

How do you spell love?

As I drove to church this morning I heard a mother of five speaking on the radio about time management. Naturally, my ears perked up, as I feel like I'm barely holding it together with three at times. Her (abbreviated) thoughts:

I cannot be all things to all people. All I know is that I am the only wife my husband has and I need to be all the wife he needs and that I am the only mother my kids have and I need to fully be their mother. What fits besides that is icing. What doesn't fit I pray through and help those needing pieces of me to find someone else to serve instead.

Seems to be a running theme to anyone speaking about time management, especially where young children are concerned. Learning to say "no" and realizing that life consists of seasons. What can be a wonderful thing (be it personally or for the Kingdom) simply might not be good at all for me in my current season. Another nugget I took from a blog I read said, "little children spell love like this, T-I-M-E." Oh, how true that is!

No comments: