Monday, March 7, 2011

My day, as told by Ryan

"The sun woke me up Mommy" {a little early}

Me: "Ryan, when Mommy tells you to do something, but you want to do something else, what do you do?"
Ryan: "What I want to do."
{enter teaching opportunity, and deep breaths}

{a few minutes later}
Ryan: "I no want spankings! Daddy told me he doesn't like spanking me."
Me: "I don't like spanking you either Ryan."
Ryan: "well then just don't".

{just when I think I'm gonna lose it}
"I want to cuddle you and me on the blue rocker Mama." {snuggles in} "I love you Mommy."

***

With slight variation, wash, rinse repeat for most of my day, most days. But, I love him and wouldn't trade him for the world!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I can't help but think this is how we are to our heavenly father to the enth degree each day.

Mom's Blog said...

Consolation: At least with Ryan, he's straight up with you. Tells it like he sees it. It's when they're deceptive that it's hard....:-) Love you guys!