Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fun out of the mundane

In an effort to establish fun {sometimes silly} traditions, I attempt to make a big deal out of even the smallest holidays. :) Anna-Kate had been learning about St. Patrick's Day at school {and woke up every day for a week saying, "I have to wear green today or I get a pinch!!!" Ha.}. So, I woke up extra early that Thursday (and was quite thankful that no one happened to be sick on that day in March...) and made a special breakfast. I made green banana pancakes, dyed their milk green and green eggs {and ham}. I felt like Dr. Seuss as I was making it as all I heard was, "I don't like green eggs and ham, just yellow eggs" from a certain almost-five-year-old, but when I served breakfast, there wasn't a bit of food left. I'd call that a success! :)







Only green thing Jack owns (can you tell I don't do "gender neutral" clothes...especially given people's confusion over his pretty little face?) and the first time I've ever put jeans on Ryan. Sniff, he's growing up.

No comments: