Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Really? Already?

This morning I threw some cheerios at Jack, as I do every morning (and by "threw" I mean I put a handful on his tray). He ate one, then I noticed him look at the other two kids' breakfasts. He saw Ryan eating instant oatmeal (his fav) and immediately pushed his cheerios away (not off the tray--yay--he's learning!) and pointed at Ryan's bowl, then signed "eat". Seriously? I tried to entice him to the yumminess of dry cheerios by putting one in his mouth for him and he pushed his lips together so hard I couldn't get it in. I pulled out a bowl and asked him if he wanted oatmeal and he {excitedly} signed more. {Guess I should be thankful for communication?}

Ugh. Not even one yet and is not only a picky eater but knows exactly what he wants? Geesh. I don't know that I'm ready for that!

1 comment:

Dance411 said...

ha!! and you can't self feed oatmeal! well actually you can, i do it or i let big sis feed her! she loves it!