Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The stats

I took Jack in for his 12 month well baby {what a joke!} today. In addition to discovering that he has another double ear infection, (no surprise there) he has also lost 1 1/2 lbs in the last month. I think it's a combination of eating less, being sick and being so very active. She wasn't too concerned, but we are going back in two weeks for a weight/ear check. It's always something, I guess.

He is 19.8 lbs, (10%) 28 in. (10%) and 47 1/2 head (92%). LOL, another "little and smart" one. :) He took his shots pretty well and is just chilling, despite the extremely bad ears. She wanted to move him up in the antibiotic world, but I asked if we could try amoxicillan again. Fingers crossed that it works!

I told my pediatrician about our month and asked for another pink eye prescription since there has been a lot of waste on Ryans' eyes {in case you were wondering, of all of my kids the 4 year old and 1 year old take the drops well--the newly 3 year old is the hands down hardest to put eye drops in. In fact, I have to sit on his chest using my knees to hold his hands down and head from moving..}. I had to laugh when she wrote me a prescription with three refills so everyone could have their own. Only other reportable news is this annoying keep them rear-facing in the carseat until age two business. Our carseat goes until 30 lbs so I will keep him rearfacing until that point (which, if he follows his siblings, will be quite a while...) but I just feel bad for him. The statistics are staggering though, 75% less likely to have a spinal injury if rear facing. With those stats I couldn't in good conscious turn him to the front. O well. :)

2 comments:

The Bartons said...

what is this rear facing until 2 talk?!? haven't heard of it...and was so excited to maybe turn Noah around soon! URGH

Mom said...

It's amazing that Jack didn't gain at least a pound from all of the cake/icing he ate at his birthday party!