Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back to normal

Well, Chris is back to his old self today. He stayed home again today, (that whole 24 hour free of symptoms thing) which was really nice. The big kids had school and I took Jack to his 1 month (!!!) well-baby appointment. He is up to 9.5 lbs (40%) and 21 1/2" tall (70% ha!). How is it possible that he's already (almost) 1 month? Anyway, during the kids' naps/quiet time Chris and I watched a movie together. He had tivo'd Prince Caspian and we'd never had time to watch, but this rainy day gave us the perfect opportunity. Sure love my hubby; it was a really nice afternoon (followed up by some riveting play-doe time). :)

Chris is playing with the big kids up stairs while Jack snoozes and I blog. He has a game he plays with them, "bobsled". It started during the Olympics and continues to be a favorite. Basically, the kids sit in between his legs and he wraps his arms around them and "sways" forcefully back and forth, forward and back. I LOVE the giggles that abound with this game!

I have packed away 98% of my maternity clothes. I still have 1 pair of khaki capris, 1 pair of jean capris, 1 jean skirt and 1 white shorts with elastic in the back. Otherwise, I have nothing to wear. I could think about squeezing in my "fat jeans" but it hurts my incision too much for now. Se la vie. So thankful the style makes non-maternity shirts an option for me! 10 lbs to go for pre-pregnancy weight...we won't talk about pre-Anna-Kate pregnancy weight...a few more than that. Sigh. But still, it's progress. All of my "normal" clothes have resumed their spots in my closet and dresser (and are organized by sleeveless, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, short, capri, pant, skirt, dress...and within that, by color. Who, me? OCD? Never...).

I'm feeling almost as good as new. I think I'd be better if Ryan hadn't fallen out of the swing last week. I, of course, caught him, which did not do good things to my healing. It still hurts a bit, but I'm making it. :) Maybe on Friday (when he's officially 4 weeks old) I'll be better.

I've finally gotten some of my motivation back and have done a few embroidery projects and might even do a fun sewing project tonight (stay tuned for that!). I'm working on Anna-Kate's birthday party invitations, a friends' baby shower and Jack's birth announcement. Sigh, one day I'll catch up. My kids will probably be old by then though, and where's the fun in that? :)

Nevertheless, it's nice to feel normal again.

No comments: