Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Never hurts to ask...

Alternate title: "Clearly, I have no shame".

Spring is in the air and nothing says "it's not cold anymore, welcome summer and get me outside!" like planting beautiful flowers.

So, while the kids were at school, mom, Jack and I took a trip to Lowe's. I had seen a TV ad for all gallon perennials 3/$10--great deal!

We loaded up and when the girl told us that one particular variety I had chosen was instead $8 a piece, I was displeased and politely asked what the ad was then referring to (and, fyi, it was referring only to the orange containers, not "premium perennials"--but it certainly did not say so). I asked if there was a manager I could talk to or if there was something she could do to help a girl out. After thinking about it for a minute she said she could honor the price for some but not all of the flowers I had chosen, as to do too many would require a manager's override. Woo-hoo!

And that's why you should always ask for a deal! :)

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

and all God's people say..."AMEN!" No shame here either :)

Meagan Dennison said...

It is my policy to ALWAYS ask for discounts. I usually convince them to give me a discount about 50% of the time. In fact, I convinced a sales lady at Nordstrom to give me a $400 Kate Spade purse for $250. Not bad, huh?