Monday, April 19, 2010

Third times the charm...

Jack has officially done me in.

Before I had kids I had it all together. Always. My house was spotless. Always. My meals were always ready at 5:30. Always. I never forgot anything and was always on time (really).

I lost a bit of my edge with Anna-Kate, but got back into a groove pretty quickly. After I had Ryan, I had to learn a balancing act, and I began to be late at times...but just a few minutes. But again, I learned to deal and bounced back about 80% (and learned to let go of some things). My brain has now ceased to function properly. Not only can I no longer seem to get anywhere on time, (for instance, I was 40 minutes late to a playgroup birthday party this morning. Long day...) but I evidently can't even read a clock.

A sweet friend called and offered to take Anna-Kate to ballet today for me. This was especially nice as all 3 kids decided today would be a super day to tag-team constant crying, tantrums--and generally causing me to about lose it (I'm tired, what can I say?). On top of all that, Chris is home sick from work. I usually roll my eyes when he says he's sick, but let's just say there is very tangible proof that the way he looks is at least as how bad he feels. (thus why I was late this morning, I was trying to keep the kids quiet and tried not to put a show on for them in my room as I showered. ANYWAY. Anna-Kate came out of her room and asked if it was time to get ready for ballet. I only looked at the minute hand and saw that indeed, it was 10 minutes until my friend was to arrive. So we began rushing around to get ready. Then we waited outside...and waited...and waited. After a few phone calls and texts I finally decided to just go and take her myself (thankfully, I left the boys asleep...all 3 of them). I didn't even have the benefit of the clock in my van as we had to replace the battery last week and the anti-theft hasn't been reset yet, thus disabling our radio/cd player/clock. When we arrived at ballet I discovered we were 45 minutes early (so, "should" have been 15 minutes late..). Sigh.

Wonder what percentage I'll be working with when I "bounce back" this time...50% capacity? At this point, I'll take it.

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

I'm only at kid number 2 and I lost my edge with kid number 1. Oh well. HA!

The Levy's said...

I thought you were 45 minutes early?